What was that on the ground?

General Discussion area for Paramotoring.
Beery
Site Admin

What was that on the ground?

Post by Beery » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:03 pm

I was speaking with a neighbor that is a police officer involved with drug eradication here in Kentucky the other day. He indicated from the air at the right times of the year, it is very easy to see marijuana that has been planted in fields.

What he said was observe 2 to 3 foot diameter circles of fresh earth dug what may seem randomly in a field. What someone has done is scattered the plants to make them less obvious from ground level observation. However from the air, they are very visible due to the fresh earth.

As I thought about it more, I recalled having seen these spots in the past. Now, I can not say where I was because too much time has elapsed, but I have seen them.

Anyone else?

Beery

mharneyva

Re: What was that on the ground?

Post by mharneyva » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:50 am

I have seen several of them from the air. Once at a fly-in two of us flying spotted one and later dirt biked and hiked in to verify it. We left it alone.

Beery
Site Admin

Post by Beery » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:51 pm

Was it one of the more organized Fly-In's? If so, which one? I've been trying to place where I have seen those circles, and the more I think about it, it was in the Houston area.

Beery

mharneyva

Post by mharneyva » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:55 am

A skyrats event in western New York.